blogspot visit counter

Widgets



I have a friend named Wayne, who lives near Athens, Ohio! Wayne was nice enough to let us fish on his property at his pond. Little did I know what a mistake that was going to be.

She asked what lure to use, I told her a Scum Frog. Of course, I had to tie it on for her then show her how to cast it and how to retrieve it. I was walking around this small pond casting my lure, fighting the bugs, trying to stay out of weeds, and she just stood one place on the dock casting. I was about half way around the pond and she kept saying she was having a bite. I thought to myself... Yeah, I'm having a bite too, these mosquitoes are about eating me up. Well, since she hasn't fished much for bass, I didn't figure she really was having a strike or even knew what a strike was really.

As I walked around the pond trying to catch a bass she kept talking about her bites. I then told her it was probably bluegill biting her frog. I finally get over to where she was casting her lure and was watching and see this big bass strike her frog. I told her when to lower her rod tip and set the hook.

Well, she hooked this nice bass and was reeling it in but couldn't get it quite in on her own as it was fighting... So, I went over to help her reel it in. Then I unhooked it and after telling her what a nice fish it was, released it. As soon as I released it she says, "Why didn't you take a picture of me with the fish?" I'm thinking... Why didn't you ask me before I released it?

After all the commotion and her stirring up the water in this little pond with her dragging in the bass, I never caught a fish. So, we got home and I never thought anymore about it. Well, Lisa didn't forget, she told everyone she saw for days about how she out fished me, "The Great Bass Fisherman". Matter of fact, she told everyone for weeks.

OK, let me get this right, I told her what lure to use, when to set the hook, I pull the fish in for her, I took the fish off and released it and she is telling everyone how she out fished me. Gawd, I love that woman!


My name is Charles E. White and I have fished for bass for 56 years. I have owned two tackle stores, one in Ohio and one on Florida. My biggest bass is 12 pounds 14 ounces. My largest Ohio bass is 8 pounds 2 ounces. I have taught many new anglers how to fish for bass some have went on to become Pros!
For bass fishing tips, lake reports, bass pictures and more visit:
http://www.bassfishingohio.com/bassblog/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Charles_E._White

Disqus for soul fishing