blogspot visit counter

Widgets

Are you looking at ways to increase your catch limits while fishing for catfish? Yes there are many different fishing methods and tons of catfish baits on the market but are they right for you. As anglers have grown tired of the same old baits, they have decided to challenge themselves and make their own homemade catfish bait. The internet has definitely changed the way the world communicates and with that being said, it has opened the eyes for many people. No longer are we confined to use conventional baits found on the market. I ask you to step outside your comfort zone and attempt to make your own fishing bait from home.
I love fishing and I especially love catfishing. My favorite catfish is the channel catfish because I feel it has the best flavor and it puts up a great fight when hooked. For those two reasons, I have set out on a mission to create my own homemade channel catfish bait. I want to share some ideas and ingredients that you may attempt but be creative and think of your own. With the basic batter, you can add many different flavors, colors and scents to change the bait completely.
The two most common ingredients are Flour and Water. With those two alone, you have created a basic catfish dough bait. There is no exact measurement to your dough, just make sure it's a consistency that will stay on a fishing hook. My choice of hook for this bait has always been the Treble Hook. With the three hooks, it makes it much easier for the bait to be rolled up into a ball or formed over the fishing hook. Now you add some simple ingredients to spice it for the perfect homemade catfish dough bait.
There are unlimited choices of flavors/scents/colors when it comes to making your bait, so please only use the listed ingredients as a reference only. By no means are you limited to just the ones I list. Please be creative and think outside the box. I remember reading a blog post on different homemade baits and one guy suggested his friend use part of a Taco Bell burrito that he had dropped while fishing. He was up for the challenge and ended up hooking a catfish on it. His friend laughed the rest of the night from that amazing catch. Of course you had one guy on the blog simply reply with "Think outside the bun". My point being is you are only limited by your imagination, so have fun with it.
Common additives/flavors/scents:
• Vanilla Extract
• Food Coloring
• Sugar
• Bread
• Salt
• Cheese
• Anise
• Ground Liver (or any meat)
• Cut Bait (minnows, shad, shrimp, clams)
• Garlic Powder
• Cinnamon
• Amino Acids
I want to take a moment to talk about the last ingredient I listed, Amino Acids. I did some research on this because I found it very interesting. The research states L-alanine, L-arginine, L-proline or a mixture of those will show results of catfish hunting more vigorously for the bait. Has this really been proven? I don't know but it's worth looking into it a bit more. You can purchase supplements at health food stores or maybe even your local grocery store.
After you have mixed all the ingredients together, just store in an air tight container for future use. I usually save my old sour cream containers or small mayonnaise plastic jars for my experimental baits. Place them in the fridge and try to use them within a week or so. If you take the bait out and it looks a bit hard, add a small about of vegetable oil or water to the mixture to loosen it back up before fishing with it.
I hope you found this article useful and will try to make your own bait at home. There are plenty of recipes online I found through articles and YouTube, so feel free to browse them and come up with you own. I will eventually be selling my own homemade catfish bait soon on my website because I know some people want homemade bait but are not motivated enough to make it themselves. I also have links to purchase other catfish baits, so please visit BestChannelCatfishBait.com. Thank you for taking the time to read my article. Please feel free to share this article as long as it stays in current form.
Visit my website http://BestChannelCatfishBait.com for catfish baits.

Disqus for soul fishing