blogspot visit counter

Widgets

They say Rondeau Bay is Ontario's best kept secret and I could not agree more! This is a paradise for fishermen! Located on the north shore of Lake Erie between Leamington and Port Glasgow, Ontario, both at sea and shore fishing are at their best there. Pike perch, rainbow trout and a good size smallmouth bass can be had through the main lake Erieau. Protected Rondeau Bay gives us eleven square miles of paradise weeding, which is perfect bass territory. The depth varies from three to eight feet above normal Bass and Pan Fish excellent fishing in the bay!

My goal this weekend was particularly bass. I was surprised by the growth of weeds in Rondeau Bay. Seriously, everywhere I looked, there were pockets pockets largemouth potential. Water appeared clear, for the most part, so some of the tactics are essential to succeed as discovered. Do not forget your fluorocarbon line! The shadows were too obvious, but still produced for me with normal launch nearby.

Some organizations change the water for a while and some more than others. Rondeau Bay, I think, would change frequently due to the winds. There is a section in the north-central area is full of weeds matte surface. Wind could change the way here and there, but I'm willing to bet that is here to stay. This particular weed tangled paradise makes it ideal for top water baits. Frogs, rats, buzz baits, whatever largemouth and I know could be done in this area. Let me tell you, it was painful to see any surface activity know my top water baits were sitting on my desk in my home office! In fact, buzz baits are a favorite of local fishermen. My family and I parked the camper in Summer Place Marina and Campground is located on the eastern shore of Rondeau Bay. We quickly realized that night, everyone was throwing buzz baits and spinner baits until dark. Many have had success and is proud to present the low to fight another day. It was good to see the fishermen who care enough to release what they catch.

In my family for a short stay my son Lorenzo and I were able to get out and enjoy the great bass fishing. Wind was a factor for us, because this bay is certainly a sight fishing bay. Strong winds have hindered our visibility greatly both. When good deep grass edges were bad, marking the GPS helped them stay close. Thank God for GPS due to the recalibration only wind sent us off, and often way off target!

Dip pockets with a series of lightning 9 \ 16 jig with a trailer Yum Craw Chunk oz produce a good five pounds largemouth from the beginning. I put live images back to the trailer, which was situated on the bank of a pond at the camp. Needless to say, the bass was released unharmed, where he was captured. I know it sounds crazy, but every time I give a good low size, and I forgot my camera, I will take photos at home or camp and travel to the exact place where caught and released bass in its original configuration. I think this is important because the bass is not confusing and is quiet because he knows his entourage.

Weeds in the gin clear water Rondeau were caught with Senkos rigged wacky and Texas. My son caught Texas and caught me crazy. Distance is the key here and Invisi-Braid Spider son helped clear conditions. Success were both repeatedly producing largemouth from 2 to 3 pounds constantly until the wind again, it was hard to stay on the specific structure.

Rondeau Bay this output has been difficult with cold fronts, wind and from 63 to 65 degrees F. water temperature. It's fresh water largemouth bass, so it slows down our presentation helped tremendously. We managed to succeed and could not help wondering what would have been the result if the temperature and conditions were perfect! Baja was covered well, but we were looking for the distinction between the brush and took a while to find. When it was discovered that the right cover we were rewarded for our efforts. Edges weed line are key!

Largemouth, smallmouth bass, walleye, fried fish, what more can you ask a fisherman on a lake with easy access. The best part is that they all can be taken in the right sizes too!

Our weekend at the Summer Place Marina and Campground was quiet and peaceful. The people were very helpful in making our visit memorable Rondeau Bay. The fish were plentiful and so was the entertainment. Make Rondeau Bay your next fishing destination and go smiling after you too have discovered the best kept secret in Ontario!

Disqus for soul fishing