blogspot visit counter

Widgets

There are many available nodes for the fisherman, and if you are new to the game, the options available can numb the brain a little. In my experience, you should use only a handful of these nodes. I use the following nodes as suits circumstances:

Improved Clinch Knot - the clinch knot was the first and only node that learned to use when I started fishing. I quickly learned that taking the end of the line and put it in a loop knot last landlocked and stopped any slippage. Ideal for tie hook and sinker. Node very easy to learn. Difficult to manage in monofilament over 30 pounds or more. Do not use more lines. Retains 85% 1 of breaking strain line.
Palomar Knot - I use this knot to join any kind of hook or swivel online. Very easy to learn. Considered by some to be the strongest available node. Retains 90% 1 of breaking strain line. Some prefer to use double or triple Palomar - not only in my opinion.
Bimini Twist - Depends on the application of fishing, but I regularly use a turn Bimini in the end of my main line, either mono or braid. Add that extra cushion of power between my main line and my leader. Very easy to tie once you have the talent, just by using your hands and knees or feet.
Improved Albright Knot - I use this knot to tie my only guide line to my Bimini twist. Although Albright node except wraps are made in both directions.
Snell - When using a hook with a distinctive look, which normally binds a knot hook Snell. This makes the hook hang very well and I think it helps set the hook during a strike. Do not use with clear lines, unless you use a hook without eyes.
Uni-Knot - I use it to define my superline in support of monofilament on the reel. I double superline about 6 "to tie this knot.
Perfection Loop - This is the knot I use to tie my main line or leader of a decoy. The lure attached loop ensures that the lure is not hampered by the line in any way in its movement. Although sometimes I attribute my main line directly to the attraction through the loop of Perfection for the biggest fish you touch Bimini attack on the main line and attached a hard line on this milestone with the improved Albright knot. The lure is tied to the end of the leader with a perfection loop. If fishing for mackerel and others, however, sometimes use about 6 "of wire off the temptation to avoid the loss of large predators. Perfection No loop in this case.
Dropper Loop - do not use while loop drops with my fishing, but use it occasionally in lines of light to capture live bait. Sometimes used for fishing bait in deep ocean waters.
All previous nodes work very well, but of course not the only ones who can do the job. Practice tying knots and then use that you feel comfortable. Make sure you do not use knots that slide under combat conditions.
There are many resources, including web video to show you exactly how to tie knots up. So go get them now.

1. Treat with skepticism the percentage cut above. There are many factors to consider when testing nodes and no two testers are likely to use test methods exactly the same.

Disqus for soul fishing